CRM 114 (stylized in a Clockwork Orange as Serum 114) is a series of letters and number used repeatedly in Stanley Kubrick's films and other media in reference to Kubrick's work.
Examples In Kubrick's Movies
- A Clockwork Orange (Serum 114): The name of the serum used in the Ludovico Technique.
- Dr. Strangelove (CRM 114 Discriminator): A piece of destroyed radio equipment that prevents the military from hearing a code that would stop them from dropping bombs on the USSR.
- 2001: A Space Oddysey (CRM114): An escape pod is labeled with the number.
- Eyes Wide Shut (Wing C, Room 114): The location of a mortuary.
Examples in Other Media
- Back to the Future (CRM-114): An amplifier is labeled.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (CRM-114): The name of a weapon used by an alien race that is used to move vehicles and objects.
- Men in Black III (CRM-114): The names of a beach bunker and a prison.
- CRM114: A real life computer program used for statistical approaches to classifying data and filtering email spam.